Biathlon Nova Scotia documentation can be found by clicking here.
How To Join
Biathlon Nova Scotia (BiNS) welcomes and encourages new athletes to participate or even simply try the sport for a first time. The timeline to join biathlon is late summer and early fall on any given year. At that time, skills are developed in advance of organized winter competitions in January through March. As a rule, we do not take new athletes during the competition season.
To be a member of Biathlon Nova Scotia, you must:
1) be a member of Biathlon Canada (individual membership)
2) obtain a Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) which is also known as a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). The certificate is obtained by attending a safety course on using non restricted firearms and passing an exam provided by Safety Services Nova Scotia. A FAC is mandatory to participate in the sport of biathlon.
Registration is done online through zone4, which can be found here.
- Liability insurance coverage;
- The right to participate in Biathlon Canada sanctioned competitions, events, training camps, coaching and officials certification programs; and
- Access to Biathlon NS and Biathlon Canada information and services.